Monday, August 12, 2013

A Weekend of Being Receptive and Open

I usually try to do things I say I'm going to do. It's a trait that makes me an assertive individual lately. So I was surprising myself when I broke my plans to watch an acting showcase and instead go to San Diego on a last minute whim. I was beating myself up a bit because I'm working on being dependent on myself and being reliable.

It was a great lesson learned ultimately because that's how one finds happiness. Although my mind was set on going to see my fellow actors perform, my body was telling me to go on a different adventure. I've been working all week and I needed some fun in the sun. There's a balance to all things and instead of trying to understand that, just listen to your heart and mind; they'll both tell you which one is right this time.
Ultimately, I had a blast in San Diego. I saw old friends, met new friends, had carne asada fries, had chicken and waffles, discovered a new favorite drink (bloody beer), went to an amazing pool party, and discovered an important tool you can use to attract people to you (it'll be in my next post).
So it's important to live a little and by doing what the soul wants and owning up to it, that's another form of confidence. 

How This Relates To Dating:

So if your body is telling you to go talk to that person across the room, you should get over there and say something. Don't rationalize things, don't think logically. If that person talks to you and both of you hit it off, then good for you. But if they weren't feeling you and they leave, then good for you too. You can go home read my blog about how to talk to people and you'll be more confident next time. There are no regrets in life, only lessons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment