Monday, August 12, 2013

You Are Your Environment.. So Make Sure Your Environment Is Awesome

A lot of valuable lessons I learned where not from college or high school. The greatest lessons are taught from doing the things you love doing...





I took an acting class not so long ago, and even though I'm not a "successful" actor working on television, the lessons I learned in the class is helping me become successful in life.
One day in class, our teacher asked for 3 volunteers (all girls).
He told the girls that they will be pretending to be Juliet sitting on the balcony before Romeo shows up. Before it was the girl's turn to come up on stage, they needed to imagine being in a place at any place at any time of their life.

The first girl sat on a chair with a smile, swinging her legs. She gave off a youthful and playful aura. She confessed that she was thinking of being at her favorite grandma's backyard where she loved spending time on the swing.

The second girl sat on the floor slowly rubbing her feet and hands on the stage. She tossed and turned and really gave a sensual impression to the class. She admitted to imagining that she was on her honey moon with her husband and that was one of the sexiest times she ever felt.

I can't remember the third Juliet, but I think you get the point. All three girls were playing the same character, but each one was different. Why? Because they let their environment tell them who they are.

How This Relates To Success, Happiness, Dating:

Lately, I've become the most happiest person that I know (its almost sickening).
When I stop and look around, I see that I owe it all to my environment.
At work, I'm surrounded with the most interesting and optimistic people in my office. I also work with a lot of women, so talking to them definitely helps me to talk to girls in general and how to better understand them.

At home, I make my bed, clean the house, keep my car clean, iron my shirts, etc. Having a neat and organized surrounding definitely contributes to my hardworking characteristic. It also helps shape me to be the man who has his stuff together
(By the way, ever heard of feng shui? Look it up)

Everywhere I go and everything I do, I surround myself with great supporting friends and family. I listen to positive and upbeat music. I watch food/travel channel and inspiring movies.

When I went to San Diego this weekend, the skies where so blue and the trees where so green, that LA would be jealous even if it was on a good day. The San Diegans I met were the friendliest people.
At a pool party, my friend and I hung out by the pool. If you were there, you would see people laughing and smiling all around us. We didn't have to go to anyone, they just gravitated toward us.
When you see someone in the middle of all that fun, laughter and good times, you want to see what the big deal is. So honestly, I can't remember how many new friends I made, but I do remember everyone was a truly beautiful person.

"You are your environment. This is some valuable shit I am sharing with you" as my acting teacher would say.

So go out there and create yourself. Make your environment a happy one and in turn you will be happy. Weed out all the negative people or things (or try to drown them out with good music).

When you find yourself at a bar/club/party, make sure the people around you are having just as much a good time as you are. Don't try too hard to make people like you. Just go in there with a positive mindset and good energy and be willing to share that with people who are worthy. People will notice you for sure and want to get close to you.





No comments:

Post a Comment