Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Know What You Want And Be Careful For What You Wish For

It's very important to know exactly what you want prior to anything (not just your dating/relationship venture). On top of that, it's also important to ask yourself why you want those things.

I remember sitting down at work with my headphones on listening to this guy named Orlando Owens give a speech that hit a little close to home. He was sharing a personal story of how he finally was able to achieve everything he thought he wanted, but ended up being totally miserable. He had a beautiful wife, big mansion, fancy car and a boat. So why wasn't he happy?...


Orlando said that his beautiful wife was abusive and stole money to buy cocaine, his mansion was haunted, his fancy car had engine problems and hardly started in the morning and that his boat ended up sinking in the ocean during a storm. He said while he had all those things he was miserable. He compared his story to examples of celebrities who have everything but gain depression and check themselves into rehab.

He then said something that would change my views on what I really wanted. 
He said, "You think you want a Ferrari... Don't focus on the red color exterior or the feel of the leather interior. But rather the feelings you get from driving that car. Those feelings like excitement, adrenaline and adventure. You can save yourself a lot of money and get those feelings from traveling to a place you never been before, meeting new people and trying things like scuba diving or bungee jumping. Those feelings are what you want to focus on." 

So when someone asked me recently what it is that I really wanted, I didn't know how to explain it.
But here are the feelings I tend to focus on attracting:

I want to feel understood, appreciated, challenged, wanted, desired, inspired, admired, accepted, and trusted.

When you focus on these good feelings you will start to get more of it. Based on the law of attraction, the more you pay attention to something, more of that thing will manifest. That's why it's important to not worry and only think positive and focus on the good things.

I also want to meet girls that are kind, sweet, caring, adventurous, spontaneous, funny, driven, passionate, has a good sense of humor, confident and strong willed.
I focus more on these good traits instead of saying I want someone who is hot and rich. And if you think about it, if I do say I want someone who is hot and rich, it will reflect poorly on me as well. It says I'm shallow and I can't provide for myself. 

When you focus on the more "in depth" traits, you can also use that when talking to someone new in order for them to qualify her/him self to you. For example, pretend you are talking to a very good looking person and instead of complimenting them on their looks, ask them, "Other than your looks, what's special about you that people don't tend to notice? Do you have any cool hobbies or do you have a purpose in life?" Because they aren't used to questions that aren't related to anything superficial, you'll notice that they'll start to qualify themselves to you. You can also use this to weed out the wrong people for you.












No comments:

Post a Comment