Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mike Mora's Motivation Minute

Don't Be Discouraged

What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail at something?

Today I'm writing to tell you that you are extremely close to your goals; you just don't know it yet. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to accomplishing a big task or goal, we tend to get overwhelmed at the journey ahead of us. We tend to feel discouraged and give up way too early. In result, we deprive ourselves of the rewards waiting just around the corner because we believe this is impossible. 

So what's the solution?

Make it possible.

The solution is to take that big goal and break it into pieces. When the goal becomes divided, performing each piece of that goal will make it seem easier and achievable. You must believe it in order to achieve it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After going through a break up last year, I realized that I gained weight from eating my feelings. 
(Ben and Jerry were my only fwends) 
I had a belly like no other and the only solution was to start the workout journey all over again. 

I knew it was going to take me at least 3 months to get to that point where I needed myself to be; as P90X results usually occur around that time span.

It seem like a daunting task but I knew this was more of a mental challenge. I simply told myself, "Let's not think too much about it and just take it one day at a time."

And that's exactly what I did. 

A big part of winning the game is just to show up. So I showed up every day and told myself not to be discouraged. I knew that being overweight was temporary and that time is really an illusion. 

I kept telling myself, "I'm already fit.. my body doesn't know it yet." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my advice to you..

Don't be discouraged, but instead have the courage to keep on going.

Get rid of that fear of failing because in truth you can't fail.

All you need to do is find that emotional state of succeeding and you will succeed. 

Just take it one day at a time. 

Come on, I'm rooting for you. 

Sincerely,
Mike Mora









No comments:

Post a Comment