Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mike Mora's Motivation Minute

Mora-vation

This is a new segment that I want to introduce to you. I understand that everyone is busy performing daily responsibilities and finding time to read is a luxury. I also understand that these days motivation is just as valuable and I'm willing to give it to you just for a minute of your time. 

Why is this important? 

It's important because someone gave me the gift of daily inspiration almost a year ago.. I didn't think nothing of it until I realized that I've grown so much and accomplished so many of my personal goals; better job, better health, better relationships, better quality of life. I'm just simply returning the favor to the universe and now passing on the torch to you. 

You deserve to have everything you want. You owe it to yourself.

Give me a minute, and I'll give you more than expected. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I have a good amount of positivity stored within me, there are still moments of uncertainty, hurt, fear, etc that I may encounter time from time.

Today, for example, I was dealing with an unfavorable issue and carried it with me wherever I went. It was something that I couldn't shake off and was starting to ruin my afternoon.

It was only until I turned on the radio and heard these lyrics to a song, "How am I going to be an optimist about this?" that I was able to evaluate my current situation.

It was that moment that I realized I was asking the wrong questions to solve the issue I had. 

When we encounter problems we (unconsciously) tend to ask ourselves:
"Why does this always happen to me?"
or
"What did I do to deserve this?"
or
"When will this pain stop?"

It's these type of reactive questions that will set you up for failure. Thoughts are the root of our actions and our subconscious will always find a way to tie them together. So by asking, "Why does this always happen to me?" then the universe will bring you more of that unwanted feeling or situation. 

It's only until we ask the right (proactive) questions, that we can take control of our situation and improve our current state. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

So start observing your thoughts and begin to ask yourself questions like: 
"What can I learn from this so this won't happen again?"
or
"Is there anything positive that can come from this?"
or even
"How can I be an optimist about this?"

Learn to control your thoughts and everything else will follow. 

Times up..
Mike Mora 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the song I was talking about by the way






No comments:

Post a Comment