Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Something Paul Rudd Said..

While I was getting ready for my afternoon workout, I overheard Paul Rudd say the most interesting thing. On "The Perks of Being A Wallflower", the main character (played by Logan Legerman) asked his mentor/teacher (played by Paul Rudd) why people tend to go out with other people who are wrong for them. Paul Rudd said, "We accept the love we think we deserve."



I had a, "Hmmm. That's interesting." moment.

Not so long ago, I came from a place of insecurity and depression.. I remember clinging onto unhealthy relationships and allowing it to continue because I thought that was as good as it gets for me.

Lately, I only see the most amazing, genuine, kind, loving (etc) relationships form all around me. And I owe it to my own self worth. I believe I deserve great people in my life because I work on being great everyday.

I hope you take this lesson to heart and know that you deserve better too. Only you can make it possible. You must be the change you want to see in the world; which means that you need to improve on becoming the best you can be. Remember, you can't expect others to change if you don't change first. So once you get to that awesome state of being and maintain it, then I promise that you will see only good things all around you.

On a lighter note, here are a few more of my favorite Paul Rudd sayings:













1 comment:

  1. "I like her hair, I wonder if the carpet matches her pubes."

    ReplyDelete