Thursday, December 19, 2013

What Do You Want (Dating for December)



For some reason, the holidays tend to remind us that we are single more than any other time of the year (except Valentines).

Maybe it's because of the cold weather and you just want someone to cuddle up with. Or maybe you just notice all the couples who like to do cute stuff together like ice skate holding hands... or bake cookies naked. Whatever the reason, I don't know.

For me, I've had my share of dates and relationships. If there is one thing I know from my experience, it's the fact that the grass is greener on the other side. It means that relationships look fun and great, but it's hard work. It takes communication, trust, compromise, understanding and all that other good stuff.

I also understand that being single and dating around is fun, but it can be frustrating as well.

Anyways, I feel obliged to help out all my friends with their dating dilemmas, which is why I will be sharing some personal thoughts and ideas on this matter.

First things first... WHAT DO YOU WANT? and be specific.

This will determine how happy you will be when entering the dating world. You need to know what you're signing up for.

Example 1
If you want to date around and "have fun", you need to be clear on that intention.
If you're going out and meeting multiple people on dates, don't be surprised to find out that those people are most likely seeing other people as well.
Note: The universe tends to give you what you put out yourself.

You need to work on becoming someone who will survive the "dating world".
You have to be social, charming, independent, stylish, interesting etc.

Example 2
If you're looking for something more serious like a committed relationship, try to limit your time at bars, clubs or anywhere that attracts other Example 1 people (who just want to have fun).

Don't misunderstand when I say that cupid doesn't work his magic at the club. (I met some of my girlfriends at clubs. No shame in it.) What I'm trying to say is that you have a better chance of meeting someone more compatible with you if you follow your heart.

Get to know yourself better... What do you really like to do?
If you like to paint, take a painting class.
If you like to travel, then buy a ticket to Hawaii or Spain.

There's a quote that goes, "If you're looking for love, stop. They will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love.."

You need to work on being true to yourself.
Also work on becoming a better you.
Love yourself and love your life.
Once you do this, it'll be no surprise when you meet another person who loves you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment