Sunday, December 22, 2013

You Don't Have To Be Perfect.. (Dating For December)

Everyone has their own insecurities when it comes to dating. 

"I'm too shy.."
       "I'm too short.."
               "I'm too fat.."
                      "I'm too weird."
                              "I'm complicated."
                                      "I don't make enough money.."
                                              "I'm ugly.."
                                                      "I'm not good enough.."

I'm here to tell you that whatever the reason is for you not being able to find that special someone, you're totally wrong. Just like everyone, you deserve to love and be loved. You are perfect the way you are and you should start to wear that belief everywhere you go. Today I will share with you on how to break free of your insecurities and help you feel like a dating champ.

First, you need to hear yourself when you start thinking negative thoughts of yourself. Being aware of how you speak to yourself will trigger you to start taking action of your belief.

Once you hear your negative thought or belief about yourself, you can start to either: 
1. Disprove the belief 
or..
2. Determine its truth and see how you can spin it to the positive. 

Here's an example of a personal negative belief I had:

"Being 5'6, I used to believe that I was short and always wished to be taller (like everyone). I once had a friend call me out on being taller because I was wearing boots (that gave me an extra inch) in front of my date (who was tall)...
1. I disproved my belief when I went to church.. I noticed that I was above average height compared to all the people standing around me... because the mass was Filipino-oriented. After that I started to remind myself that I'm a good height for an Asian.
2. I decided to further explore my shortness and shine some positive truth on the subject. I started to compile all the good things related to being short. I'm a big Tom Cruise fan and when I heard he's about my height, I was really ecstatic. I saw that being vertically challenged never stopped him from dating taller beautiful women. From then on, it never stopped me either. I'm very comfortable with my height."



Here are some final thoughts on insecurities..
Everyday you see couples and you can't help but yourself, "Why is he/she with this person??"
The answer is very clear.
Love is blind. 

Love and attraction has no rules/limits... 

Most times, we feel like we have no choice or say in the matter...

And listen to me when I say...


You don't have to be perfect... to be perfect for each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment